Fresh fruit and cream encased in a pancake ‘shell’ score a touchdown with a party crowd. Make them part of your game day menu lineup.
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 cup milk
- Vegetable oil
- Mix flour and baking soda in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, and honey together. Add milk and mix well.
- Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture, and whisk until batter becomes smooth.
- Heat non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat. Add a small amount of oil and wipe off any excess oil. Using a ladle or scoop, drop 1/8 of a cup of batter onto the pan, like a pancake; about 5 to 6-inch diameter. Cook about 2 minutes, or just until the surface of the pancake has a lot of bubbles and the edges are cooked. Flip over and cook 1 more minute.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cover with a damp towel. Let pancakes cool completely.
- Take one pancake and gently fold together into a taco shape. Fill with cream. Add kiwi, strawberries, blueberries or other desired fruit.
For the filling
- 3 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 5 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, pour the cream into mixing bowl and whisk on medium-high speed until it just starts to thicken. Reduce speed to medium and add sugar, a little at a time, until soft peaks form.
- Add the vanilla extract and continue to whisk by hand until the cream is smooth, and stiff peaks form.
Note: Any variety of fruit can be used in this recipe. Alternatively, you may enjoy a sweet mascarpone filling instead of the whipped cream.