Pair your favourite sausage with an array of fresh, flavourful veggies for a quick and easy meal.
Prep. Time: 15 min • Cook Time: 1 hour • Makes: 4 servings
1 1/2 lbs. sausage (your choice)
5 medium yellow potatoes, quartered
1 large yellow Bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
1/2 lb. green beans
1-pint cherry tomatoes
1 large head of garlic, halved
1 red jalapeno pepper, sliced
2 bay leaves
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and pepper
Chili flakes, to taste, optional
Green onions, top green leaves only, for garnish, optional
1. Preheat oven to 390F.
2. Place potatoes, green beans, onion, cherry tomatoes, garlic heads, jalapeno, bay leaves, olive oil, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss well to coat.
3. Add sausages and toss briefly.
4. In a large shallow pan, add the sausages and vegetables. Spread it out in the pan in an even layer.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and turn the sausages, then bake for a further 20 – 25 minutes until the sausages are a deep brown.
6. Place in serving dish and garnish with chopped green onion leaves, if desired.