These mini sandwiches are a delicious departure from average burgers. They’re perfect for entertaining and seafood lovers.
Makes: 16 sliders
For the Ginger Miso Sauce
1/4 cup white miso
2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 small garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
For the Salmon Burgers:
2 pounds fresh salmon fillets, skin and bones removed
2 tablespoons minced shallots
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 tablespoon chopped dill
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
Oil, for frying
For the Asian Slaw
1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
4 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
8 cups thinly sliced cabbage – use a mix of green and red cabbage
2 radishes, julienned
1 carrot, peeled & julienned
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
16 slider buns
For the Sauce
1. Add all ingredients except water to a blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Transfer sauce to a small bowl. Gradually add water, stirring well after each addition, until the dressing reaches desired consistency. Set aside.
For the burgers
1. Add roughly chopped salmon (about 1-inch chunks) to a food processor along with shallots, parsley, dill, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Pulse 3-4 times, just until coarsely ground (you don’t want paste). Transfer mixture to a bowl. Stir in panko breadcrumbs. Using your hands, form patties 3/4-inch thick and 21/2-inches wide. Place patties on a parchment-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Add about a tablespoon of oil to a large skillet. Heat oil over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, cook the burgers for 3-4 minutes per side, until completely cooked through.
For the Slaw
1. Place peanut butter in a medium bowl. Add the vegetable and sesame oil and whisk until smooth. Add the seasoned rice vinegar and whisk until combined.
2. In a large bowl, toss together cabbage, carrots, radish, sesame seeds. Add the dressing, tossing until coated.
Assemble burgers by spreading ginger miso sauce on bottom buns. Add salmon patties and top with slaw. Cover with top buns. Serve and enjoy!