Start Valentine’s Day with a sweet breakfast surprise for your loved one. This quick and easy French Toast recipe tastes so good, your sweetheart will think you slaved in the kitchen all morning.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey, warmed in microwave for 10-15 seconds (you can substitute with Amber Agave Sweetener if you wish)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 (1/2-inch) slices stale Brioche, Challah Bread, or any other good quality bread
- Butter for grilling
- Preheat your nonstick griddle or skillet to 300°F and your oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together the first 4 ingredients until thoroughly combined. Pour mixture into a shallow dish and soak the bread in the batter. You may have to soak the bread in small batches. Soak one side of the bread for two minutes and then turn it over and soak the other side for about one minute.
- Place a wire rack over a baking sheet. Remove the soaked bread and place on wire rack for a few minutes to allow excess to drip off and to allow the bread to fully absorb the liquid.
- Add butter to the griddle or skillet and grill bread slices; about 2 minutes on each side. Be careful not to let bread burn or become too brown.
- Remove the slices from the griddle and place on a wire rack over a baking sheet. Place in the oven and cook for about 5 minutes to finish cooking through to the center of the bread.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- Garnish with powdered sugar, cinnamon, agave nectar, or honey if desired.
King’s Hawaiian Original Sweet Round Bread is also a delicious alternative for making French Toast. See their famous recipe on kingshawaiian.com