Oh, sweet decadence! This cheesecake boasts a creamy peanut butter filling over an Oreo cookie crumb base topped with chocolate chips and chopped roasted peanuts. Topped with a smooth chocolate ganache and garnished with Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups this cheesecake is a heavenly match of chocolate and peanut butter flavour!
For Oreo Cookie Crumb Crust:
2 cups Nabisco Oreo Cookie Crumbs
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For Cheesecake Filling:
4 pkgs. (8 oz. each) Original Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
1 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup heavy cream
4 large eggs
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
For Chocolate Ganache:
½ cup heavy cream
1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips, finely chopped
Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups
1. Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a small bowl, combine Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-inch up the sides of a greased 9-inch springform pan. Place in refrigerator while making the cheesecake filling.
3. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer beat together softened cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Mix in peanut butter, heavy cream and vanilla extract. Add eggs, one at a time; beat on low just until combined. Spread semi-sweet chocolate chips and roasted chopped peanuts evenly over cookie crust. Add cheesecake filling and use a spatula to smooth the top.
4. Wrap the exterior bottom and sides of the springform pan with heavy-duty foil. Place the wrapped springform pan into a deep baking pan. Pull out middle oven rack and place the baking pan on the rack. Carefully pour very hot tap water into the baking pan until it comes a little over halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
5. Bake for 55-70 minutes, until the cheesecake is set around the edges and slightly loose in the center. Note: If cheesecake begins to brown too quickly, loosely tent aluminum foil around pan.
6. Carefully remove from the oven. Take the springform pan out of water bath and place on a wire cooling rack. Let stand for 15 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of the springform pan. Transfer cheesecake to a serving plate.
7. Add heavy cream to a medium-size saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat. Place half of the milk chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and pour the cream over the chocolate, stir until the chocolate is melted completely. Add remaining chocolate and stir until it’s melted and smooth. Set aside to cool. The ganache should be pourable but not too thin.
8. Spread the ganache on top of the cheesecake and allow it to drip down the sides. Let the ganache set slightly. Garnish with Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Yield: 12-14 servings