If you like citrus, you’ll love these chicken breasts glazed with a sweet honey and orange sauce. Garlic and red pepper flakes adds just the right amount of spice to balance the deliciously intense flavour!
Prep time: 10 min • Cook time: 35 min • Total time: 45 min • Serves 4
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- In small bowl, combine honey with orange juice concentrate, orange zest, minced garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Season chicken lightly with salt.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat margarine and oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook about 4 minutes, until seared. Turn chicken; cook until completely cooked through.
- Pour honey-orange sauce over chicken. Cook, turning chicken a few times to coat as sauce begins to thicken; about 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet. Serve with remaining glaze in skillet spooned over the top of chicken breasts.