Passed down through generations of our family, our Mom’s Chili recipe is one of our favourite dishes for serving on Super Bowl Sunday.
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1-10 oz. can Campbell’s Tomato soup
- 3 tsp. chili powder (or more to taste)
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2-14.5 oz. cans whole tomatoes
- 3 celery stalks
- 2 tsp. salt (or more to taste)
- 2-15 oz. cans red kidney beans
- Add a little water to a large skillet. Add ground beef, onion, and green peppers. Cook and stir until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat. Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 45 minutes.
- Rice can be served on the side if desired, or serve with saltine crackers or cornbread.
Try this deliciously moist and sweet cornbread recipe from allrecipes.com – Grandmother’s Buttermilk Cornbread. With a Five-Star Rating and 3216 Reviews, this cornbread is worth baking!