Pastry Recipes from Jus-Rol™
These Sausage Rolls are easy to make with Jus-Rol Puff Pastry Sheets. With an added touch of tangy red onion marmalade these sausage rolls are a delicious twist on a Christmas Pastry and Party Food favourite. Can be made and frozen before baking; perfect to stock up the freezer for unexpected guests!
Ready in 40 minutes • Makes: 12 Servings
The Ultimate Party Sausage Roll
- 1 (320 g) pack Jus-Rol™ Puff Pastry Sheet
- 10 (approx 600g) good quality Cumberland sausages (or similar)
- 1 tbsp prepared Red Onion Marmalade (or make your own)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoons milk
- a handful of sesame seeds, optional
- Preheat the oven to, 220°C, (200C in a fan oven) 425°F, Gas Mark 7.
- Unroll the pastry and cut down the middle lengthways.
- Remove the skin from the sausages and place in a bowl with the onion marmalade and mix well.
- Divide the sausage meat in half and place down the middle of each length of pastry.
- Mix the yolk and milk in a small bowl with a fork and brush down one side of the pastry. Roll the pastry around the sausage meat using the egg to seal the edges.
- Chill for 20 minutes, or at this stage they can be kept covered in the fridge for up to 2 days or placed in a sealed container and stored in the freezer for up to a month (defrost completely in the fridge before cooking).
- Cut each piece into approximately 6 sausage rolls and place on a lightly oiled baking tray. Brush the tops with the rest of the egg mixture and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top. Bake for 20 mins or until golden and cooked through. Allow to stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Find more delicious recipes using Jus Rol Pastry products at https://www.jusrol.co.uk/pastry-recipes