Delicious grilled fresh vegetables in a simple soy vinaigrette. The perfect side dish for summer meals!
PREP TIME: 5 mins COOK TIME: 10 mins
- 3 eggplant (aubergine), sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 lb. green beans
- 8 oz. pkg. mushrooms, sliced
- Extra-virgin olive oil for brushing (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 Tablespoon coarse sea salt
- ½ Tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- toasted sesame seeds for serving
1. Brush the vegetables with the olive oil and season with the salt and pepper. Place the vegetables on a preheated grill and cook, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, until vegetables are slightly softened but still crunchy and marked by the grill.
2. Toss vegetables with soy vinaigrette, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, and serve.
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl, add rice vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, shallots, water, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the oil.