Thin, salty prosciutto paired with grilled chicken, sweet roasted peppers, and topped with a creamy garlic aioli sauce. Yum!!
Makes: 4 sandwiches
- 8-10 ounces boneless/skinless chicken breast, grilled and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- Green Bell peppers, roasted (or you can use bottled roasted sweet red pepper, drained, and toweled dry
- Ciabatta rolls, or other soft sourdough rolls
- Garlic aioli sauce
- Preheat grill or a skillet. Using a bread knife, slice each roll in half. Brush cut sides with aioli sauce. Layer red pepper, prosciutto, and grilled chicken. Replace top half of roll. Repeat with all sandwiches.
- These sandwiches are delicious as they are but if desired you can toast them. Place sandwiches on the grill (or in the skillet). Weigh sandwiches down and grill for about 2 minutes on each side or until each side is lightly toasted.
For the garlic aioli sauce:
2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 egg yolks
1 1/4 cups olive oil
Juice of 1/2 lemon, to taste
Place the garlic and a good pinch of salt in a mortar and pound to a paste with a pestle. Using a small whisk or a wooden spoon, gradually work in the egg yolks.
Beat in about half the olive oil, a drop at a time. When the sauce is as thick as soft butter, beat in 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice. Continue adding oil until the aioli is very thick. Season to taste, adding more lemon juice if you wish.