Made with mashed sweet potatoes and topped with crunchy pecans and brown sugar, this recipe is so easy to make and is a perfect side dish for your holiday meal. Using canned sweet potatoes is a real time saver!
Easy Sweet Potato Casserole
- 3 (40 oz.) cans cut sweet potatoes in syrup, drained
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Beat sweet potatoes and next 6 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Spoon potato mixture into a lightly greased 13×9-inch baking dish. Combine 1 1/4 cups brown sugar and next 3 ingredients. Sprinkle evenly over top of sweet potato mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes
Recipe from Southern Living, November 2006