Bake up a batch of chewy fudge brownie cookies filled with an oreo creme filling drizzled with fruity raspberry coulis for your Valentine, and watch them swoon with love at first bite!
Prep Time: 30 Minutes • Total Time: 1 Hour 20 min • Servings: 12 sandwich cookies
For the raspberry coulis
2 cups fresh raspberries
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the brownie cookies
1 package Duncan Hines® Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix
⅓ cup vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. water
1 large egg
For the filling
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1/4 cup vegetable shortening, room temperature
1 and 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease baking sheets.
2. Combine brownie mix, oil, water, egg in large bowl with wooden spoon until blended.
3. Drop by rounded tablespoons 2-inches apart on prepared pans (24 cookies).
4. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until just set in center. Cool cookies 1 minute on pan. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. While the cookies are cooling make the coulis. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring raspberries and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture starts to thicken, about 15 minutes.
6. Press mixture through a fine-mesh sieve. Use a spatula to extract as much liquid as possible; discard seeds and skins. Stir in lemon juice. Let cool completely.
7. Using a mixer, cream the butter and shortening until fluffy. Beat in the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until creamy and combined.
8. Spread filling on flat side of half of the cookies. Drizzle with raspberry coulis. Top each half with remaining cookies and gently press together.
NOTE: Leftover coulis can be kept up to 3 days, covered and chilled.