Dig into this spicy, hearty casserole laden with black beans, corn, and green chiles. Chili Tortilla Bake is a spicy and robust way to bring a Southwestern flair to your table. Perfect for serving a crowd on Game Day!
Recipe Type: Main Dish
Chili Tortilla Bake is a spicy and robust way to bring a Southwestern flair to your table.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (8 3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (4 1/2 ounces) chopped green chiles, undrained
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Onions, Minced
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Cumin, Ground
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® California Style Garlic Powder with Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 6 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2-quart baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Brown beef in large skillet on medium-high heat; drain fat. Add tomato sauce, beans, corn, green chiles, and seasonings; mix well. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Cover bottom of prepared baking dish with 3 tortillas, overlapping as needed. Layer with 1/2 of chili mixture and 1/2 of cheese. Top with remaining tortillas, chili mixture, and cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until heated through.