Recipe from Chef Ian, Bermudaful Catering
This easy recipe from Chef Ian is perfect as either an appetizer or a main course. Serve with a dollop of cream, crusty bread, and a side salad, and dinner, or lunch, is served!
- 2 celery sticks diced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut squash into chunks. In large pot melt butter. Add onion, celery and cook for about 5 minutes. Add some salt and pepper, add squash and stock. Bring to a simmer and cook until squash is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Blend the soup. Check seasoning.
- Finish the soup with some cream on the top, making a little design to add a little twist and garnish to this Bermudaful Soup.
Gosling’s Wine of the Week
SANFORD CHARDONNAY 2010
Gosling’s have chosen Sanford Chardonnay 2010 to complement Chef Ian’s soup recipe.
It’s a well-structured, full-bodied chardonnay with a fine length. This Santa Barbara wine shows light tropical notes and floral undertones on the nose. The fruit weight on the palate is nicely balanced by steely acidity.This chardonnay is crisp, with a hint of balanced oak and a streak of minerality.
The retail price is $27.50 and is available at Lindo’s and Gosling’s stores.
Seasoned to Taste – Hosted by Chef Peter Jovetic
An exclusive presentation of Lindo’s Group of Companies
As broadcast on VSB TV11 on September 10, 2013