We’re taking meat and potatoes to whole new level! Tender cuts of beef topped with a flavourful Marsala sauce, crispy roasted potatoes and bacon-wrapped green beans, garnished with tempura battered onion rings. The perfect Valentine dinner for two for beef lovers!
Prep. Time: 20 min Cook Time: 35 min Total Time: 55 min
For Beef and Marsala Sauce
2 (6-8 oz) beef tenderloin steaks (filet mignon)
Salt, to taste
2 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 cup Marsala wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
Ground black pepper, to taste
For bean bundles
3/4 pound fresh green beans
4 strips of bacon
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Steam green beans in a double boiler for 6-8 minutes. Drain and dry, set aside.
3. Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until cooked through, but not crispy. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Drain off excess bacon grease, reserving 1 teaspoon.
4. Sauté minced garlic in bacon fat until tender, set aside.
5. Place beans in large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Toss with garlic, salt, and pepper.
Lay a strip of bacon on baking sheet and place 5-7 beans on top. Wrap bacon around beans. Repeat.
6. Bake bundles for 12-14 minutes, or until bacon is crispy.
7. While beans are baking, heat a large, heavy skillet over high heat for 2 minutes, or until pan is very hot. Season steaks with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Place steaks in hot skillet and reduce heat to medium-high. Cook for 4 minutes. Turn steaks and cook for an additional 4 to 6 minutes, or to desired taste. Remove steaks from skillet to a platter and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
9. Remove skillet from heat and immediately sauté the garlic for 1 to 2 minutes in the skillet. Return skillet to medium-low heat and add Marsala and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and let the sauce reduce for 3 minutes.
10. Remove pan from heat and whisk in butter and rosemary.
To assemble and serve: Spoon about two tablespoons of Marsala sauce onto the center of a plate. Place beef tenderloin on top of sauce and spoon more Marsala sauce over the top. Add two oven roasted potatoes on each side of the tenderloin. Top each potato with a green bean bundle and garnish with tempura-battered onion rings.