Filled with a creamy avocado and yolk mixture, and topped with bacon, these stuffed eggs are a delicious departure from your average deviled eggs.
1 dozen eggs
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed, minced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
1/4 cup shallots, minced
- Place eggs in a single layer in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water by one or two inches. Heat over high heat to boiling. Remove from heat, cover and let eggs stand for 12 minutes. Drain. Fill pot with ice cold water and let cool until eggs can be handled safely. Gently tap egg on countertop until shell is finely crackled all over. Roll egg between hands to loosen shell. Starting peeling at large end, holding egg under cold running water to help ease the shell off. Pat eggs dry with paper towel.
- Slice eggs in half, and gently squeeze out yolks into a bowl. Set whites aside.
- Using a fork, break up yolks until finely crumbled. Add mayonnaise, salt, pepper, lemon juice and avocado and mix until combined; mixture will be slightly chunky.
- Add parsley, shallots and jalapeño peppers and stir into the egg yolk mixture.
- With a fork, fill egg white halves with avocado yolk mixture.
- Sprinkle each egg with paprika, if desired, and top with crumbled bacon. Refrigerate until ready to serve.