Recipe from Chef Antonio from Bermuda Bistro At The Beach
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) of good quality, dark, semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp of whipping cream
- ¾ cup of whipping cream
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1 Tbsp Amarula Cream (optional)
- Extra chocolate for shavings or fresh raspberries for garnish (optional)
- Add 2 tablespoons of cream and chocolate to a clean metal bowl. Place bowl on top of a saucepan filled with enough water to simmer for several minutes. Make sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl. Heat gently and stir chocolate/cream mixture with a metal spoon until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove the chocolate mixture from the stove to cool just slightly.
- Add the egg yolk to the chocolate mixture while stirring until combined and smooth. Place the bowl over the saucepan filled with hot water to keep the chocolate warm but don’t turn the heat back on. Whip the cream until soft peaks form.
- Add half of the melted chocolate and Amarula to the whipped cream with the metal spoon and fold until just combined. Fold in the remaining chocolate mixture but be careful not to over mix. Set aside.
- Use a clean electric mixer to beat the egg white until soft peaks form and then fold it into the chocolate mousse mixture. Spoon mousse into serving glasses. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve with chocolate shavings or fresh raspberries.
Gosling’s Wine of the Week
14 HANDS HOT TO TROT RED BLEND
Gosling’s have chosen 14 Hands Hot To Trot Red Blend to compliment Chef Antonio’s dessert.
This approachable and enjoyable Washington State red wine offers generous aromas of berries, cherries and currants.
A plush framework of soft tannins supports the red and dark flavours that leisurely give way to subtle notes of baking spice and mocha on the finish.
The retail price is $19.25 and is available at Lindo’s and Gosling’s stores.
Seasoned to Taste – Hosted by Chef Peter Jovetic
An exclusive presentation of Lindo’s Group of Companies
As broadcast on VSB TV11 on June 11, 2013