Prep Time: 15 minutes • Cook Time: 25 min • Total Time: 40 min • Makes: 6 servings
An easy to make appetizer perfect for holiday entertaining or as a side to chicken, pork or beef dishes.
1 pack Baby Bella Mushrooms, wiped clean, stalks removed
1 small zucchini, peeled and grated
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp Gluten-free Watusee Chickpea Crumbs
1 tbsp white onion, finely chopped
2 oz. shelled walnuts, toasted and chopped
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Fresh mozzarella, diced into small cubes (about 1/2 cup)
salt and pepper
- On baking sheet drizzle some olive oil and then brush the mushrooms caps with the oil as well and line them up in rows. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grate the zucchini and then place it in a paper towel and squeeze out all the excess water and then place the dry zucchini in a mixing bowl. Add Parmesan cheese, basil, chickpea crumbs, onion, chopped walnuts, garlic, salt and pepper (to taste), and mix well to combine.
- Add mozzarella cubes to each mushroom cap and then fill each one with the zucchini mixture. Top each mushroom cap with remaining mozzarella cubes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until done, and cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
- Garnish with a little more chopped basil and serve.