Vinegar is a familiar kitchen cupboard product that has been recently dusted off by the organic food revolution and promoted in its raw form. Unfiltered, raw cider vinegar is more than simply the ingredient that powers vinaigrette or goes with salt onto chips. Its probiotic qualities, like yogurt’s dramatically diversify the applications of this natural super-food.
Vermont Village are veteran manufacturers and recommend it for skin care as well as medicine and straight-up thirst quenching. Try Vermont Village Organic Raw Unfiltered Vinegar.
Apple Cider Smoothie
Healthy and delicious, this smoothie is a wonderful treat and a great detox beverage!
- 1 cup of apple cider
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 date
- 1 apple
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, or according to taste
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder, optional
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup, optional
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Add all the ingredients to your blender and mix until smooth and creamy.