This Tuscan salmon recipe features pan-seared salmon in a creamy garlic sauce with fresh cherry tomatoes and baby spinach. This dish is bursting with delicious flavours and is easy to make. Plus, it’s ready to serve in 20 minutes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes • Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 (6-oz) salmon fillets
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season salmon with salt and pepper and sear in the hot pan, for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add butter. When the butter has melted, stir in garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Add cherry tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tomatoes are beginning to burst then add spinach and cook until spinach is just beginning to wilt.
- Reduce heat to low, add the heavy cream, and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally. Add parmesan cheese. Allow cream sauce to simmer until the cheese melts thoroughly.
- Add the grilled salmon fillets back into the pan; sprinkle with the parsley, and spoon the sauce over each fillet.
- Garnish with more parsley, if desired. Serve with steamed vegetables and fettuccine or rice.