Easy to make, and heartier than sushi, the Asian and citrusy, coriander flavours in this tuna tartare combine to make this a welcome recipe for fish lover’s looking for a light summer dinner.
Recipe from Chef Peter Jovetic – Food 4 Thought
- 8 oz tuna loin or steak
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
- Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp coriander, chopped
- Sesame seeds to garnish, optional
- 1 chive to garnish, optional
- Chop the tuna into small chunks (do not mince) and put into a bowl. Add all the other ingredients and mix gently.
- Put mixture into a mold (shape of your choice) and put onto plate. Garnish with sesame seeds and finish with single chive.
- Serve with a grilled baguette or focaccia.
Gosling’s Wine of the Week
Chateau Ste Michelle Columbia Valley Riesling
Chateau St Michelle Columbia Valley (Washington) Riesling is an easy match for Chef Peter’s tuna recipe. It is crafted to be a refreshing off-dry Riesling vintage after vintage. The wine delivers sweet lime and peach with subtle mineral tones.
The retail price is $17.00 and it’s available at Lindo’s and Gosling’s stores.
Seasoned to Taste – Hosted by Chef Peter Jovetic
An exclusive presentation of Lindo’s Group of Companies
As broadcast on VSB TV11 on May 13th, 2014