Crunchy and healthy, this easy to make recipe for roasted chickpeas is ready for munching in just 30 minutes! Set out a bowl for your game day party and watch them disappear! Oh, and kids love them too so consider making a batch for nutritious after-school snacking!
Chickpeas are a good source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, and Copper, Folate, and Manganese.
1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425°F
2. Heat oil in an ovenproof skillet. Add chickpeas, cumin and smoked paprika, cook for 2 minutes; stirring to coat. Season with salt.
3. Place skillet in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
4. Cool and serve!
If you’re looking for something a little bit spicier try this version…
2 (14 ounce) cans chickpeas/garbanzo beans
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons ground paprika
1 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a strainer/colander. Layer chickpeas on paper towels and pat dry with more paper towels.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the seasonings.
4. In another bowl, add chickpeas and toss with the olive oil. Once coated with oil, sprinkle on 3 teaspoons of the seasoning mix, or to taste. You can save any remaining seasoning. Store in an airtight container in a dry, cool place.
5. Place the seasoned chickpeas in an even layer on a lined cookie sheet. Bake for 40-60 minutes; stirring once halfway through cooking time. NOTE: Monitor the chickpeas towards the end of cooking time as they can quickly burn. The chickpeas should be brown and crunchy. Let cool before serving.