Spicy skillet fried shrimp, bell peppers and onion served on tortillas with sliced avocado and chopped scallions.
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 pound large shrimp, deveined and peeled
- Scallions, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- Tortillas for serving
- Mix together paprika, chili powder, cumin powder, garlic powder, oregano, onion powder, ground black pepper, and salt in a bowl.
- Toss and coat the shrimp with half of the seasoning mix. Set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large cast iron skillet. Add the onions and bell peppers. Saute for 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables have softened slightly. Add the remaining seasoning to the peppers and onions, and mix well.
- Slide the vegetables to one side of the skillet. Heat the remaining oil in the skillet and add the shrimp. Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes until they are opaque and cooked through.
- Serve in tortillas with avocado slices and chopped scallions.
Please follow and like us: