These Salt & Pepper Chicken Wings are easy to prepare and use just a few ingredients. They’re great to munch on while watching the game, for appetizers, or for snacking at any time.
Prep Time: 5 min ■ Cook Time: 30 min ■ Total Time: 35 min ■ Makes: 6 servings
- 3 lbs chicken wings (approx. 36 wings)
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons freshly ground coarse black pepper
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, diced
- Red pepper chili flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- LIne a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease lightly with cooking spray or oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together salt and pepper.
- Place chicken wings on the baking sheet. Sprinkle the salt and pepper mixture over the wings, making sure to cover evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes then turn and bake for another 15-20 minutes until crispy and cooked through.
- Just before the wings are cooked, heat the sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, scallions, and red pepper chili flakes, and cook until the garlic has browned slightly.
- Remove chicken wings from oven and place in a large bowl. Add the garlic oil mixture from the skillet and toss the chicken wings until completely coated.
- Transfer the wings to a serving dish, and spoon any leftover garlic oil over the top. Serve with your favourite dipping sauce.