Prep Time: 20 min • Total Time: 6 hrs 5 min • Makes 16 servings
25 ginger snaps, finely crushed (about 2 cups)
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 pkg. (8 oz. each) Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar, divided
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
Pinch ground cloves
Powdered sugar, optional
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cookie crumbs, nuts and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla with mixer until blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each just until blended. Remove 1 cup plain batter.
- Stir remaining sugar, pumpkin and spices into remaining batter.
- Spoon half the pumpkin batter into crust; top with spoonfuls of half the plain batter. Repeat layers; swirl gently with knife.
- Bake 45 min. or until centre is almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Dust with powdered sugar just before serving, if desired. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
RECIPE FROM KRAFT FOODS