Using ready-to-roll, prepared puff pastry sheets makes this recipe quick and easy. This cheesy quiche is perfect to serve for breakfast or brunch.
Prep Time: 15 minutes ● Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
- 1 sheet thawed puff pastry (use while the pastry is still cold)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup diced, cooked ham
- 3/4 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 400°F and lightly grease an 8-9″ pie plate.
- Roll the puff pastry out to larger than the size of your pie plate. Press pastry into the pie plate. Trim edges and set trimmings aside in the refrigerator to use later for the top of the quiche.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle ham, ½ cup Gruyere cheese and scallions on top of the pastry. Pour egg mixture over top and sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup Gruyere cheese and the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Arrange the spears of asparagus on top of the egg and cheese mixture.
- Combine reserved trimmings and roll out. Using a pizza wheel or a sharp knife, cut the pastry into uneven strips. Arrange strips over the asparagus.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until pastry is golden brown and eggs are completely set. Let the quiche rest for 10 minutes before slicing.