If you like cheese, you’ll want to try these tender potatoes with a deliciously crispy Parmesan crust!
Prep Time: 10 min • Cook Time: 36 min • Total Time 46 min • Makes: 4-5 servings
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 5-20 small or baby yellow potatoes
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, very finely grated
- 3/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Fresh scallions, chopped, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add the oil to a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish and spread evenly over the entire bottom.
- Parboil the potatoes in boiling water for 6 minutes. Remove from the water and drain on a towel.
- Slice each potato in half once they have cooled.
- In a small bowl combine the Parmesan cheese, black pepper, garlic powder, sea salt, dried oregano, and paprika; mix until well combined.
- Sprinkle the parmesan mixture evenly over the entire bottom of the pan. Do this step carefully as the cheese mixture is almost impossible to spread once immersed in the oil.
- Place the potato halves cut side down on top of the Parmesan coating making sure to press them firmly into the parmesan mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the Parmesan crust is a deep golden colour.
- Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes.
- With a metal spatula, carefully remove the potatoes from the pan making sure to keep the Parmesan coating on the potatoes.
- Serve immediately with sour cream or plain yoghurt, or garlic aioli, and chopped green onions.
NOTE: Do not use shredded Parmesan cheese as it will not crisp effectively.