Recipes from Hidden Valley Ranch Kitchens
Original Ranch Spinach Dip
Makes 6 (1/2-cup) Servings
1/2 packet Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix (0.5 oz)
1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
1 cup light sour cream
1 box (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
1/3 cup chopped walnuts (or consider using pecans or water chestnuts)
1. Combine Ranch Dips Mix, yogurt, sour cream, spinach, and walnuts.
2. Chill 30 minutes or until just before serving.
3. Serve with whole wheat crackers and raw vegetables.
Chill Time: At least 30 minutes
Baked Chicken Tenders
Makes 8 Servings
1 packet (1.1 oz) Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
2 cups non-fat Greek yogurt
1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
1 package (20 oz) chicken tenders
1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1/3 cup sliced almonds
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Olive oil cooking spray
1. Combine 1/2 packet Ranch Dressing and Seasoning Mix with yogurt; refrigerate.
2. Combine remaining Ranch Dressing and Seasoning Mix with buttermilk; refrigerate.
3. Rinse chicken and thoroughly pat dry on paper towels.
4. Combine chicken and buttermilk mixture together in a food storage zipper bag.
5. Refrigerate 6 to 24 hours.
6. Heat oven to 425°F.
7. In a food processor, combine breadcrumbs, almonds, garlic powder and pepper.
8. Coat chicken in breadcrumb mixture.
9. Set a wire rack on baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
10. Lay chicken pieces on wire rack and spray with more cooking spray.
11. Bake 16 to 18 minutes until no longer pink (internal temp at least 170°F).
12. Use yogurt mixture as a dipping sauce.
WINE SUGGESTION: Carmel Road Monterey Chardonnay 2010
Suggested by Stefan F. Gitschner.
Available at Gosling’s Stores.
This Month ENTER TO WIN Chef Livio Ferigo’s Amore Bermuda cookbook!!
Simply try out the recipes provided here from Hidden Valley Ranch OR submit your own favorite snack recipe, and comment/email email@example.com to tell us about it. We will choose from the comments who wins!