This hearty, family-friendly soup is easy to make. Serve with bread or rolls.
Makes: 6 servings
3 cups chicken broth
2 medium potatoes, cubed
2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
½ onion, finely diced
2 ribs of celery, finely diced
4 oz. fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dill, fresh or frozen
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup medium egg noodles
2 lbs ground turkey
1/4 cup grated onion
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 large egg
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a baking sheet; set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine egg, onion, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper; mix in ground turkey. Using about 1 tablespoon of meatball mixture, shape into balls.
3. Bake on greased baking sheet in preheated oven about 15 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked and browned (digital thermometer inserted in the center of meatballs is 165°F.
4. In a large saucepan, add broth and 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Add potatoes, carrot, onion, celery, mushrooms, ground black pepper, dill, and thyme. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add egg noodles and meatballs; simmer, covered until pasta is cooked, about 5 minutes.