Catalan style cooking comes from Spain but this way of preparing lobster is a popular and traditional recipe from the west coast of Sardinia. Simple ingredients pair with delicate lobster meat to make a fresh, lighter offering suitable for an elegant dinner party or a weeknight meal.
1 Spiny Lobster, cooked, and cut in half lengthwise
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
1 large tomato, cut into chunks
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice, about 2 lemons
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place live lobster in a large stock pot; fill with water; cover tightly and cook over medium-heat until lobster shell turns bright pink and the meat is firm and opaque; about 20 minutes.
- Drain water, rinse lobsters in cold water, and allow lobster to cool.
- Cut shell in half, remove lobster meat from shell. Set shells aside.
- Place lobster meat, onion, celery and tomato in a bowl. Gently mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and the lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour dressing over the lobster and vegetables. Mix gently and then return lobster mixture to reserved shells. Serve.