These grilled kebabs are made with ground lamb and a variety of spices for a delicious taste of Middle Eastern flavour.
Prep Time: 10 minutes ■ Cook Time: 6 minutes ■ Total Time: 16 minutes
- 16 wooden skewers, pre-soaked in water for 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb ground lamb
- In a large bowl, mix together onion, garlic, parsley, spices, salt and pepper. Add the ground lamb and mix until just combined.
- Divide the meat into 16 sections. Mold each section of meat around a skewer, making it a few inches long and about 1-inch thick so that it is oval-shaped.
- Place skewers on a shallow baking pan, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 12 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat and oil the grates lightly. Grill the kebabs, turning occasionally, until brown all over and just cooked through, about 6 minutes.
Serve lamb kofta kebabs with tzatziki, hummus, and flatbreads.