You can’t beat a local catch of fresh yellowfin tuna! In this recipe, tuna steaks are marinated, then encrusted with sesame seeds, and grilled to perfection. Serve with green beans almondine for a complete and satisfying meal.
Makes: 2 servings Total Time: 40 min
2 tuna steaks (1-inch thick, 6 ounces each)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup sesame seeds
2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
1 scallion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients of the marinade.
- Season tuna steaks with salt and pepper.
- Add tuna to marinade. Turn to coat evenly. Refrigerate 30 minutes, turning once.
- Oil grates on grill and heat to medium high.
- Remove tuna steaks from marinade and dredge steaks (both sides) in a plate filled with the sesame seeds.
- Grill tuna for 2-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare steaks (slightly pink in center).
NOTE: Do not over-marinate the tuna. Acids like lemon, or vinegar, will start to cook the fish.
Green Beans Almondine
Makes: 6 servings
1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
3 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup slivered almonds
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add green beans to a medium saucepan. Add enough water to just cover the beans. Add a little salt, stir, and cook until the beans are crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-heat and add slivered almonds, stirring constantly for about 30 seconds or until lightly toasted. Add butter and lemon juice to skillet; stir. Add the green beans and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve.