Feeling blah after all that holiday eating? Reset your body with this detox salad. Full of antioxidants and superfoods, this cleansing salad will help your body get back on track again.
Makes: 2-3 servings
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 medium English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 3 ounces baby arugula (about 2 1/2-3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon flaxseeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
For the dressing:
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Set aside and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the dressing and mix well.
- Place cucumber, arugula, ginger, avocado, flaxseeds, pine nuts, sesame seeds, and walnut halves in a large bowl and toss with the dressing.
- To serve, add cooked quinoa to a shallow bowl, top with dressed salad, and garnish lemon slices, if desired.