Prep Time: 40 mins • Cook Time: 30 mins • Serves: 8
- 16 oz egg noodles
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cans solid white tuna, drained
- 2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon French or German mustard
- 1 cup shredded gruyère cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- small handful parsley leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 9”x13” baking dish.
- Boil the pasta, according to package directions. Add the broccoli florets the last 5-6 minutes of cooking. Drain the pasta and broccoli. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil, onions, and carrots. Cook until carrots are tender, then add the garlic. Cook for another minute.
- Sprinkle flour over the carrot and onion mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in the chicken broth until smooth and thick.
- Add the tuna, stir until well combined. Add the milk, mustard, and stir in the cheese.
- Place the cooked and drained noodles and broccoli florets in the 9”x13” baking dish. Pour or spoon tuna mixture over the noodles and broccoli and stir to mix. Sprinkle the panko breadcrumbs over the tuna mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Sprinkle parsley over the casserole, and serve.
Please follow and like us: