Long a cookie jar favourite, these soft, fudge-like cookies puff up while baking creating a crinkled appearance and a striking contrast between the exposed inner dark chocolate cookie dough and the outside coating of white confectioners’ sugar. Super delicious, and a pretty presentation for the holidays or any time of year.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, melted, cooled
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- In large bowl, mix vegetable oil, melted chocolate, granulated sugar and vanilla. Stir in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray, or line with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Drop balls into confectioners’ sugar; and roll around to coat. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Cool 1 minute before moving from cookie sheets to cooling racks.