Moist, delicious, and oh so cheesy! These muffins are great for breakfast or brunch, and kids love them so pop one in your child’s lunchbox. Makes about 12 muffins.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 oz. ham, diced
- 1-pint baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and cook the onions for until tender and translucent; about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute.Set aside to cool.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl and stir in ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Stir in ham, spinach, basil, salt, and the set aside onions and garlic mixture.
- Pour the mixture into lightly greased muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Please follow and like us: