These savoury mini tarts with cheese, onion, black olives, and chourico sausage are the perfect little bite for entertaining or for snacking at any time!
Prep Time: 20 mins ■ Cook Time: 20 mins ■ Makes: 12 mini tarts
- 1 sheet Puff pastry
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives, drained and diced
- 1/2 chourico sausage, chopped
- 2 spring onions
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- Extra grated cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a skillet, brown the chourico sausage. Remove from skillet once cooked and transfer to a paper towel to drain off excess grease.
- Roll the pastry until about 1/4 inch thick and using a biscuit cutter, cut out rounds to fit a muffin tin.
- Gently press the puff pastry rounds out a bit with your fingers so that they line each section of the muffin pan, ensuring they come right to the top. Prick and bake in a hot oven for about 7 – 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the spring onions finely, and cook in the same skillet as the chourico, until softened.
- Line each small tart with chourico, and add some of the spring onions.
- Beat the eggs and add the grated Parmesan and chopped black olives to the egg mixture, combining well. Add freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
- Divide this mixture evenly over each tart. Add a bit more grated cheese, if desired.
- Return tarts to the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and egg mixture is cooked through.
- Serve immediately.