A gluten-free and delicious alternative to grain crust pizza, Cauliflower Crust Pizza is easy to make and can be topped with your favourite sauce, cheese and veggies like a traditional pizza.
Prep time: 20 minutes • Cook time: 30 minutes • Makes: 2 servings
1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 cup freshly grated mozzarella
1 cup fresh mozzarella, sliced
Vegetables, diced, sliced, or chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pulse the cauliflower florets in a food processor to a fine, grainy powder. Place processed cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and cover. Microwave until soft, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain in a colander and then pour cauliflower onto a clean, kitchen towel and allow to cool.
- When the cauliflower has cooled enough to handle, wrap the cauliflower in the towel and
wring and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. If necessary, transfer the cauliflower to another dry towel to maximize the moisture removal.
- In a large bowl, add the cauliflower, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, egg and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese; stir until well combined. Transfer mixture to parchment-lined baking sheet and press into a 10-inch round. Bake until golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and top with your favourite pizza sauce, 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese slices, and veggies. Return to oven and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly; about 10 minutes. Sprinkle on a little more Italian seasonong, if desired, and serve.