Gruyere cheese and mustard add a more sophisticated flavour to traditional broccoli, cauliflower, and cheese bake.
Makes: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon English mustard (preferably whole grain)
- 2/3 cup Gruyere cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and cook for a couple of minutes; stirring constantly. Add a little of the milk and stir, then gradually add the rest of the milk, continuing to stir constantly until thickened and smooth.
- Add the mustard and half of the Gruyere cheese.
- Steam the broccoli and cauliflower until just fork tender. Immediately remove from heat and place into an ovenproof dish.
- Pour the cheese sauce evenly over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle on the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
Please follow and like us: