This mixed berry oatmeal bake is a delicious way to start the day. Serve right out of the oven, or make ahead, refrigerate and serve cold or reheated the next day.
Makes: 6 servings
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 12 oz frozen mixed berries
- ¼ cup walnut halves, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, whisk together quick oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and brown sugar. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, vanilla, honey, and butter.
- In a 2-quart baking dish, add half the berries then add the oat mixture over the berries, making sure to spread both the berry and oat layers evenly. Pour on the wet mixture, then add the remaining berries and top with the chopped walnuts.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the oats have absorbed the liquid.
Please follow and like us: