Strips of smoked salmon are nestled into a creamy, buttery avocado mousse for a refreshing and colourful appetizer.
Makes: 4 servings • Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 1 scallion, sliced, reserve green leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices of smoked salmon
- 1 teaspoon chopped dill
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the stones.
- In a blender or food processor, pulse the avocado, cucumber, scallion, sour cream, and lemon juice until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the salmon slices into strips.
- In four small glasses, pour avocado mousse to fill up to 1-inch from top of each glass. Place strips of salmon in each glass. Sprinkle a little dill over salmon and garnish with reserved green scallion leaves, if desired. Serve immediately with lime wedges, or keep chilled in refrigerator.
Please follow and like us: